Health-conscious doesn’t just mean what you put in your body, but what touches your body too. Homeowners are becoming more and more conscious of what they’re buying. Rightfully so, considering more and more products are being released unregulated.
We can’t and won’t just claim that our products our safe. By sending it off to get our products independently tested, we’re proving that it’s safe. So when you’re coming across our products and seeing them labeled “Oeko-Tex® Certified,” we want you to know what it means.
In short, Oeko-Tex® certified products have gone through a series of testing and quality checking that meets the 18 independent research and test institutes in the field of textile.
Photo by Unsplash
All laboratories have to go through a series of around 100 tests on each product for:
- Regulations regarding prohibited azo dyes, formaldehyde, nickel, etc.
- Chemicals that have not been statutorily regulated by higher governing bodies, which can be harmful to your body
- Compliance on Annex XVII and Annex XIV of REACH regulation, which prohibits hazardous substances, mixture, and articles.
In addition to that, the more intensive a product is to skin contact, the more difficult it is to pass each test. If a product passes all the criteria, then they are awarded the STANDARD 100 Certification.
Photo by Oeko-Tex
If you didn’t think that was enough, the certification must be updated annually and the criteria is always reviewed and revised every year. The best part is that Oeko-Tex® is a global standard, which means wherever you’re buying around the world, whoever you’re getting it from, if they’re certified, then it’s reliable and all tested at the same standard! As we like to say, consistency is key!
Why do you want Oeko-Tex® products?
- Products are free from any toxic or allergic substances
- They’re environmentally friendly
- They are ready-to-use to make that unboxing experience that much more exciting!
- Oeko-Tex® are constantly paying attention to legislation, science, and organizations and will revise their testing standards frequently, which is why product certifications must be updated annually
Our products feature cushions that are Oeko-Tex® certified for a reason: you matter and we care. When you’re buying from Essen, not only are you in good hands, but your family and guests are as well.
Check out our Oeko-Tex® products:
- Polla outdoor patio conversation set
- Minori outdoor wicker coffee lounger set
- Cetara outdoor patio sofa set
- Polignano outdoor patio sectional set
Read more information on OEKO-TEX®.